HOME  |  Meet Kemishdo   |   Crafts  |   Recipes   |  Krafts By Kemi Etsy Shop  |  Kids4Crafts

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cinnamon Pecan Muffins, etc.

I finally did my test batch of cinnamon pecan muffins and the first batch turned out more like scones. Hard in texture and crumbly, though they did taste ok. I found a similar recipe that called for more oil and cinnamon and I added more sugar and the next batch turned out great, I brushed the tops with melted butter and rolled them in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Yummy. So I plan to bake the muffins for the christmas baskets on Saturday along with my Christmas Tree cake. I found this tree shaped foil pan with a lid and did a test cake last week, it was yummy! I used Devils Food Cake, those small boxes you find of the Pillsbury cakes at the dollar store and vanilla icing, well the pan, cake mix, and icing all came from the "nothing over 99 cents" store. If you have one of these in your neighborhood I highly recommend them, I found large boxes of Captain Crunch with or without crunch berries last week, one week I got bags of bertolli for a buck! Oh and just last weekend I found those Nestle Milkshakes the caramel swirl ones! I bought six, I'm addicted to them! Anyway, back to the cake.....

I used food coloring to make the green icing for the cake and iced the whole cake except for the stump which I left un-iced and brown. Then I put some of the vanilla icing in a baggy and snipped off a corner and made it look kind of like snow on the tree branches. Then we just put green and red mini m&m's on it and it was finished, it was almost to pretty to cut. So I will re-create this cake also Saturday since our family Christmas Party is this Sunday.

Kemi

No comments:

Post a Comment